The Edgefield site consists of three conical earthen mounds arranged on a northwest-southeast axis. Much of the surrounding soil has been removed for use in levee construction, making the mounds appear taller than they are. Archaeological excavations in Mound A indicate that it was built in a single stage by Native American people during the Mississippi Period, ca. AD 1200-1600.
Open year round.